Changing an EMD Power Assembly

A few weeks ago at work, we changed out a power assembly on one of our locomotives. I took the Go-Pro with me and set it up on time lapse to get some footage.

We only changed out a short pack – the head, liner and piston. The original carrier and connecting rod stayed. Check out the above video, it takes you thought almost the whole process other then setting the valves and injector at the end. Thanks to my friend Chris for putting my footage together into something presentable! Be sure to check out his YouTube page for some great midwestern railroading videos –

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s